Tuesday, September 30, 2008

NYC Subway

I initially shot this set looking for textures and backgrounds to use for photoshopping but I ended up with a few shots that stand on their own -- well "on their own" in photoshop with Tiffen 2.0 filters.

The Tiffen 2.0 filters are a substantial improvement over the 1.0 version. They allow multiple layers and individual layer "transparency" control. My current workflow involves keeping layers of my favorite filters up in the "Effect" pane. I keep them turned off but can quickly turn them on without having to wade through the filter selection hierarchy (which I'm sure is clear if you shoot with a lot of real physical lens filters, but isn't the point of this package that you shoot first and filter later?).

ceiling_drain_3.jpg


signal.jpg


jay_st.jpg




BTW Version 2.0 is a bit crash-happy on OSX 10.5.5, but I'm getting in the habit of doing a quick save before calling up the filters.

1 comment:

Justin Snow said...

That first image, with the pipe going into the wall and ceiling, is awesome. Love it.